Tuesday 24 January 2012

I found me....

WHAT???? No offense, but I really dislike this saying, it is so strange and honestly I feel awkward when people say this.

'I found me'...Hellllooo, you have always been there, next to yourself ...lol (Sorry).
I do not mean to sound rude, but what a cliche.

This is what people say when they are lost, looking for something (God). They try lots of things to fill the gap (fame, drugs, parties, over indulging in studies/careers, inappropriate relationships etc) and in the end come back with nothing.....still. So in their defence of still not having peace and satisfaction in life, they say, 'I found me', because that is all they have.

There was a young lady who said a while ago 'I found myself'. Then, some time later, she said these words......I'm an artist. I paint on a smile. I'm an actress. I make it look like i'm happy. I'm a liar. I say I'm over you.


Is this someone who found themselves?
When we know God, we know who we are and this makes us secure and as much as the world tries, we do not need to try to be anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Lizzi, this made me remember a little about who I was... I was coming to the church but still not changing, still in and out of the world like a yoyo... I always knew who was, like you said I have always been with me so how could I not... But for me, saying that I didn't know who I was made it mean that I didn't have to dig deep and find out the problem and when I said "I found me" I already knew who I was, it was only that this was the time I wanted to admit to myself all that I was

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly Simone, deep down we all know who we are...its just admitting it. Thanks for sharing your experience xx

    ReplyDelete